Online Dating Tips
So here are my online dating tips. If you want information on websites to use check out my dating websites reviews. Once you sign up for some sites you can now determine your approach and how to effectively get responses and go on dates!
• Give a brief overview of yourself, don’t type a novel just enough to get them interested and wanting to know more.
•Be positive, don’t give out requirements and make yourself seem fun. People like to be around someone who will make them laugh and isn’t always serious.
• Be honest and just tell the truth about yourself, don’t lie about your age or height, job etc. Be proud of who you are. People will usually ask you the same questions, “What do you do for work?” “What do you do for fun?” “What are you looking for on here” just tell them why it will only help your cause in the end.
• End your description with something like “message me to know more” or “looking forward to hearing from you.”
• Have pictures of you smiling and keep other people in your profile pictures to a minimum or not at all.
• Pictures with animals and kids are always good but don’t overdo it.
• Have at least three to four and also have a good variety not just the same picture with different poses in it.
• Sometimes less is more, simple and effective messages like “Cute pics :)” “Yello” have, believe it or not, worked. However as you most likely already know, every one is different so it may not work for all but may work for some. One might say its too short it won’t work but the main objective is to get the person to respond then go from there and usually people are more enticed to respond to a message that is somewhat random than the typical “Hey what’s up?” or “How are you?” Also when you compliment someone’s pictures it makes them feel good who doesn’t like a compliment. Like you would say the cute pics line they would respond usually by saying thanks and you respond “You’re welcome, how are you today?” Then go from there.
• Avoid saying things like hey sexy, cutie pie, you are hot etc.
• Show you are educated and talk with proper grammar don’t “tlk lk dis” maybe if you are 17 that will fly but to grown ups that comes off as you are uneducated and immature.
• Longer first messages should be something like,
Hello I’m (your name), I came across your profile and it seems like you and I would get along. I enjoy (whatever you found in their profile) too. I’d love to get to know you better, feel free to message me when you get a chance!
• Look to see if they put their name in their profile and use it to say hello this will show them you read it.
Exchanged numbers and hang out!
Follow these guidelines and you should have pretty good luck, after 7-10 messages ask for their number. Most will give it to you but others may deny it but that means you just have to send a few more messages to get it in most cases. Once you do exchange numbers, keep texting, talk on the phone or FaceTime/Skype if you rather do that and hang out! Online dating is a great way to screen who you date so if you do go through all this by the time you hang out it should go well because its not like its a blind date. If it blossoms into a relationship and you think you’ve found love, check out my relationship advice to keep the relationship going. In the end you never know what will happen so don’t be afraid to try it could up in marriage you never know!